Ikura Sushi & Ramen just opened up last month in the Poway/Scripps Ranch area of inland San Diego. Do a Yelp search on the restaurant and the top two comments are:
- Yea! Now we don’t need to drive all the way to Kearny Mesa and Convoy Street for our ramen fix!
- Try the Tonkotsu Ramen, it is fabulous!
With four teens to taste test with me, I knew I’d get a good overview.
- When the Chinese kid gives it a thumbs up, you know that the restaurant doesn’t stink (this gets tricky, because he says he isn’t picky and will eat anything…).
- The Girl wasn’t wowed by her Miso Ramen, but…
- I ordered the same and LOVED mine.
- The Boy liked his Teriyaki Chicken, and was jazzed that they let him swap out the salad for edamame.
- The Boyfriend gave his sushi roll high praise, and liked his Miso Ramen just fine.
Props to Ikura Sushi & Ramen for their online coupon offering a free California Roll with over a $12 purchase for an eat in special. They also offer a 10% discount coupon, also available online, for takeout orders. Our California Roll was one of the best I’ve had in a long time- I highly recommend it. Bottom line: I liked Ikura Sushi & Ramen better than the last Ramen joint, Rakiraki Ramen & Tsukemen.