Donkey gets the credit for this posting’s title, ha. When I had finished putting some of our collections in the entry way niche, I really did say “Look at that niche, that’s a nice niche!” and I swear, I heard it in Donkey’s voice. I digress… (clears throat).
I have a few random house projects that I have been meaning to get around to
- paint under counter
- do something with the empty niche above the front door
- repaint stair risers
- get son’s collections into manageable storage boxes
- put all photos into a storage box, not mixed with other mementos
- sort out and give away extra fall/autumn/Halloween/Thanksgiving decorations
- kids’ (now teens!) grade school holiday art separated from holiday storage boxes
Today I finally did something with a space over my front door. This niche has sat naked for more than five years. As I have passed by it multiple times, every day, I wonder what the heck to do with it? I don’t like random tchochkies too much, so the décor du jour doesn’t interest me.
It took awhile but I finally gathered together items from our travels into a small collection to put into this awkward niche above my front door. Rocks from beach trips, conch shells from the great-grandparents’ world travels, pine cones The Boy has collected… only the tall sticks came from the craft store. So I cheated.
But, here it is, TA DAAAA: