1. Own a cast iron skillet. Or several. And learn how to properly use and care for them.
2a. Life is too short for mediocre coffee and bad wine. Buy the best you can afford.
2b. Even if it is just for you.
2c. Especially if it is just for you.
3. A hybrid car is sooooo worth it.
4. If you can make spaghetti sauce, baked chicken, and muffins from scratch you can save big bucks.
5. Real friends stay with you until the tow truck arrives.
6. Everyone should own at least one Hawaiian shirt. You never know when a party might break out.
7. Electric kettles are the best!
8. So is iced tea made from plain, black tea.
9. Screen time is overrated. People are underrated.
10. Mom Advice that we don’t appreciate until later: “The days are long but the years are short.”
13. You need a community- humans are social creatures. Join and meet regularly with at least one spiritually/socially edifying group be it a church, synagog, club, society, etc.
14. Stop being so offended by everything, people. It offends me.
15. Spend time with people who lift you up and make you want to be a better person- spiritually, mentally, emotionally. And in turn, be that kind of person for others.
16. Pop your own popcorn. On the stovetop. In a heavy pot. It’s an entirely different species than the microwaved stuff.
17. Everyone thinks they are the most interesting person in the world on social media. They are all wrong. I am the most interesting person. I can prove it: https://www.pinterest.com/DDWJ/
18. A trick I learned from a dear and darn near holy woman: want to be the favorite big person with all your friends’ little ones? Always carry candy to share.
19. Pay attention to details. They might be important! Or not… it really isn’t that important that there are no numbers 11 and 12 in this list.
20. Start Small. If you want to try something new every day but don’t know where to start, pick one small project- a new book, decorate an area you have neglected, try a new cuisine. Nothing big- Re-landscape front yard! Read the complete works of Shakespeare!. You’ll be surprised how great it feels to simply repaint your front door.